Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gracee is One!!

My sweet baby girl Gracee was born at 1:18 pm on January 6th 2009! I can't believe that was one year ago! Seems like yesterday it was mothers day and I was late on my period and just took a pregnancy test just to see. I didn't think it would be positive! I am gonna remember her birthday by telling my birth story!

On December 30, 2008 I went to my 37 week checkup and my blood pressure was a little elevated and my doctor was just a bit concerned. I wasn't surprised since this is the same thing that happened when I was pregnant with Dalton. He checked my cervix and I was right at 2 to 4 centimeters dilated. Me and Travis went in his office to talk and he asked if I would like to get induced. Me and Trav just looked at each other and said YES! We set the date for January 6 at 8:00 a.m.

On January 6, we get to the hospital at 8 but they don't get the i.v. or pitocen started until 9 a.m. The doctor came in right when I get settled to check me and I am already 5 centimeters! He then asks me if I want him to break my water and I say yes hoping this will speed this along more. After he does this I tell him I want an epidural because my experience last time after my water broke my contractions got unbearable and I went in knowing I would get the epidural. He tells me this is fine and goes to get the anesthesiologist. At 10:30 I get the epi but it takes them forever to get it to finally work since I was 6 centimeters when I get it. After the epi starts to work I take a nap and at 12:30 the doctor checks me and I am complete! I start pushing at 1:00 p.m and 18 minutes later I hear the most sweetest cry! They laid her on my chest and I thought to myself she is so tiny and cute! Travis kept saying look at all that hair!

The nurses then take her to be weighed and checked. Even though Gracee was 11 days early she weighed in at 7lbs 6oz and was 19 3/4 inches! She was and still is perfect!


37 weeks in first pic and the next one was 2 days before her birth






No comments:

Post a Comment